Monday 21 November 2011

Walks in Preston Park

Nearly the whole last week was so sunny, very unusual for November, especially in London. I've tried to get out somewhere and to take some nice pictures of sunny London to make my friends in Moscow and Bishkek envy. The whole week I was busy and couldn't manage that. The only day when I had some free time was Sunday. But when I woke up on Sunday, opened my window and looked out in my garden - what I saw! - nothing but grey fog everywhere and frozen grass beneath my feet. I was depressed.

When the evening came, the fog started to dissapear and I was thanking God for it. I grabbed the camera of my friend and ran out into the street. I took my way to the nearby park, Preston, where we often play football on Saturdays. It is a glorious park with wagging footpaths along the grass; with trees full of nimble squirrels; and a little playground. There are also some benches where you can have a sit and enjoy the view of this wonderful place or immerse in your thoughts or watch kids playing and laughing in the playground. And even air is different here. So great!
When I reached it, I became speechless for a few minutes. The park was still full of strange mist, while I was expecting to see something entirely different there. Instead of the colourful scenery I saw a dark and misterious place. The mist was mainly on the ground, so it gave an exciting mood to me, reminding the great book of Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle "Hound of the Baskervilles". I was absolutely delighted and couldn't resist taking photos and began to click my massive camera.
I can't describe the picture anymore for it's impossible to impress my feelings in words, so here are the photos:
                                         My first view at the park
                                 



                                                        The Lonely Tree
                                                         Thinking...


                                           In the end of the day
                                           On my way back home


I kept taking pictures for about 15 minutes, and after that my fingers and nose became numb as it was dreadfully freezing and I had to come back home. Furthermore, it was getting dark and I could easily be bullied by black guys, who often chill around in the park at this time.
BTW, all my friends admired with my photographs, so I've reached my goal! Also, I discovered I'm a great photographer, which I'm proud of. So freaking proud!